Diana Pauly is group leader of the lab of the experimental ophthalmology. The lab investigates the mechanisms leading to retinal degeneration and is mainly interested in the function of the complement system in the eye.
She graduated in Human Biology, specialty Immunology, at the University of Greifswald, Germany. Diana Pauly obtained her PhD in Biotechnology from the University of Potsdam, Germany. She was hired by the Robert Koch-Institute (Berlin, Germany) as a researcher to develop a multiplex immunoassay for bioterroristic relevant toxins. Dr. Pauly was appointed as a research scientist and group leader at the University Hospital of Regensburg (Regensburg, Germany) in 2012, where she started her own lab investigating the role of the complement system. Since 2021 her group is located at the Philipps University Marburg (Marburg, Germany).
1. Pauly D, Kirchner S, Stoermann B, Schreiber T, Kaulfuss S, Schade R, Zbinden R, Avondet MA, Dorner MB, Dorner BG. Simultaneous quantification of five bacterial and plant toxins from complex matrices using a multiplexed fluorescent magnetic suspension assay. Analyst. 2009 Oct;134(10):2028-39. doi: 10.1039/b911525k.
2. Gallenkamp J, Spanier G, Wörle E, Englbrecht M, Kirschfink M, Greslechner R, Braun R, Schäfer N, Bauer RJ, Pauly D. A novel multiplex detection array revealed systemic complement activation in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017 Dec 6;9(3):3001-3013. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.22963.
3. von Berg L, Stern D, Pauly D, Mahrhold S, Weisemann J, Jentsch L, Hansbauer EM, Müller C, Avondet MA, Rummel A, Dorner MB, Dorner BG. Functional detection of botulinum neurotoxin serotypes A to F by monoclonal neoepitope-specific antibodies and suspension array technology. Sci Rep. 2019 Apr 2;9(1):5531. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-41722-z.
4. Schäfer N, Grosche A, Reinders J, Hauck SM, Pouw RB, Kuijpers TW, Wouters D, Ehrenstein B, Enzmann V, Zipfel PF, Skerka C, Pauly D. Complement Regulator FHR-3 Is Elevated either Locally or Systemically in a Selection of Autoimmune Diseases. Front Immunol. 2016 Nov 28;7:542.
5. Chen Q, Manzke M, Hartmann A, Büttner M, Amann K, Pauly D, Wiesener M, Skerka C, Zipfel PF. Complement Factor H-Related 5-Hybrid Proteins Anchor Properdin and Activate Complement at Self-Surfaces. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 May;27(5):1413-25.doi: 10.1681/ASN.2015020212.