Work package 5 leader
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo- and Biosensors
Antje Baeumner is Professor and Director of the Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo- and Biosensors which belongs to the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy and focuses on optical, electrochemical, mass spectrometric, radiometric analysis and interface biochemistry methods.
She graduated in Biotechnology, at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany. Antje Baeumner obtained her PhD in Technical Biochemistry from the University of Stuttgart, Germany. Dr. Baeumner was a postdoc in the Dept. of Food Science and Technology at Cornell University, and was then appointed assistant, tenured associated, and full Professor at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY, USA). Since 2013 Prof. Baeumner is Director of the Institute of Analytical Chemistry at the University of Regensburg (Germany). She is also adjunct Professor at the Cornell University (Ithaca, NY, USA).
1. Hofmann C, Roth G, Hirsch T, Duerkop A, Baeumner A.J. Tethering functionality to lipid interfaces by a fast, simple and controllable post synthesis method. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2019 Sep 1;181:325-332. doi:10.1016/j.colsurfb.2019.05.049
2. Wongkaew, N.,Simsek, M., Arumugam, P., Behrent, A., Berchmans, S. and Baeumner, A.J., A Robust Strategy Enabling Addressable Porous 3D Carbon-based Functional Nanomaterials in Miniaturized Systems. Nanoscale, 2019, 11, 3674 - 3680, DOI: 10.1039/C8NR09232J
3. Hermann, C., Hofmann, C, Duerkop, A., Baeumner, A.J. Magnetosomes for bioassays by merging fluorescent liposomes and magnetic nanoparticles: encapsulation and bilayer insertion strategies. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (2020), 412,6295–6305 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-020-02503-0
4. Mayer, M., Takegami, S., Neumeier, M., Rink, S., Jacobi von Wangelin, A., Schulte, S., Vollmer, M., Griesbeck, A.G., Duerkop, A., Baeumner, A.J., Electrochemiluminescence Bioassays with a Water-Soluble Luminol Derivative Can Outperform Fluorescence Assays. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. (2018), 57, 408-411 https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201708630; https://doi.org/10.1002/ange.201708630
5. Edwards KA, Baeumner A.J. Enhancement of heterogeneous assays using fluorescent magnetic liposomes. Anal Chem. 2014 Jul 1;86(13):6610-6. doi: 10.1021/ac501219u